www.tips-fb.com ~* Ash *~
Happy Valentine's Day Eve!

Lu and I are more than ready to celebrate our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife. I haven't gotten his card yet, but I'm so excited that I can shop in the "for my husband" section this year.

We actually kicked off the festivities last night with an aphrodisiacs-themed game night. We invited a bunch of people over and played party games, including "What's Yours Like?" and "Pick-Up Lines." We also bought "Saucy Charades" -- a game where the answers are clean but the acting might be a bit suggestive (i.e. stuffing a turkey, sliding down a fireman's pole, etc.). However, we had so much fun with the other two that we're saving that one for our next game night!

In addition to games, we also had a smorgasbord of aphrodisiac food. Lu and I made chocolate fondue, using one of our new favorite wedding gifts. Other people brought all sorts of delicious, libido-enhancing goodies for us to snack on.

Okay, so the goal wasn't to actually get any libidos enhanced. However, you'd be surprised at what counts as an aphrodisiac! We had guacamole and chips, red velvet cake, sweet potato pie, pumpkin vanilla pudding, popcorn chicken with honey mustard sauce (the aphrodisiac being the honey, not the chicken), quiche, brownies, all sorts of fruits, and of course lots of wine and coffee. Although they weren't at our party, asparagus, figs, and even oysters make the aphrodisiac cut.



Tonight, Lu and I are having a mini-getaway at a hotel... 10 minutes away from our house. While we're not physically going to be that far from home, we are going to turn off our computers and cell phones (or at least silence them) and enjoy our own little world of luxury. In fact, the only thing we're turning on is the romance: massage oil, lingerie, soft music, champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, and even a heart-shaped pizza.

When Lu first told me his idea for this "gift" to each other, I had mixed feelings. What girl doesn't want the flowers, candy, and jewelry?! Besides, we're going on our honeymoon in a few weeks. We'll have plenty of hotel time then, right?

After re-thinking it, I realized something that I'd learned early on in our relationship but had neglected a bit: the most precious gift you can give someone is your time and attention. Flowers die, candy adds calories, and Lu's already made some pretty big investments in the jewelry department recently!

For our first Valentine's Day, I can't think of a better way to spend it than time with friends followed by time with each other. Now, I'm off to pack my overnight bag!
0 Responses